Saturday, January 23, 2010

Week 5

Here is week 5. I have had the "Chicken Tikka Masala recipe" requested several times now. I use a recipe where I have omitted the hot ingredients because I am pregnant and the kids can't eat it. I have not included it until now because it is not one of the typical, easy, 6-8 ingredient dinners that I like to put on the blog. I did not include the "Chicken Tikka Masala" dinner items in the grocery list just in case you did not want to try to make it.

I repeated the grilled chicken and salmon recipe from last week. These are both extremely healthy dinners, with the correct balance of veggies, other complex carbs and protein. Keep salmon and chicken portions to 4 ozs.

I took out the protein bars this week because we are getting tired of them and thought we would take a week off.

I found a really good, healthy thin bun for the BBQ sandwiches. Walmart carries it or at least they do in my state. It is called Earthgrains, 100% natural thin buns. Just 100 calories in each bun, which is pretty good for a bun! At first I laughed when I saw them because they looked different but they are really pretty good.

Good luck. Email me if you have any questions: japomani@hotmail.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...