Thursday, February 11, 2010

Baked Sweet Potato Fries


I made these last night and my family LOVED them, especially the kids! They were yummy and I like them a lot more than regular fries. We had extra sweet potatoes so I varied from the meal plan a little bit and decided to try them.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe: Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into small strips. (Sweet potatoes are difficult to cut so be careful.) Lightly Spray a cookie sheet with pam canola or olive oil spray then place fries scattered on the pan. Cook at 400 degrees for around 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft to cut through. To crisp the fries spray a light mist on top with pam spray and put the oven on a low broil. Watch the fries CLOSELY so they don't burn. 1-3 minutes or until crispy. Remove from the oven and lightly sprinkle with your choice of salt or seasoning.

Here is another recipe for them that I haven't tried but it looks really yummy. I used their picture up above so I wanted to make sure that I linked them here (click here for site and recipe) Mine were not that exotic but these look yummy I can't wait to try them. They also use a lime yogurt sauce for dip. I have to check into the stats and the calories, they only list weight watcher points which I used to be familiar with but now I have forgotten. I also have a great "fry sauce" recipe that's way healthier than the original version!

Last night I served our sweet potato fries with steamed asparagus, Italian Dressing Chicken strips and fresh cut apple slices. It really hit the spot. The asparagus was on sell and I couldn't resist it. Asparagus is packed with good-for-you-goodies and it wasn't the woody kind where you can eat only half the stem.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...