Monday, February 1, 2010

Kids Snacks



Here are some healthy kid snack ideas. Some of them I have repeated from previous posts:

1. Sunshines- Graham crackers, apple sauce, milk- We call them sunshines because I put a small bowl of apple sauce in the middle with small rectangular graham cracker pieces around it in the shape of a sun. The milk is for added protein and will hold their little tummies over for longer. They love to dip the gram crackers in the apple sauce or the milk.

2. Cereal mixes-rice chex cereal, peanuts, raisins I add chocolate chips once in a while.

3. Peanut butter Apples- Cut apple pieces with peanut butter, I thought this would be gross but really it is pretty good and my kids like it.

4. Yogurt pop-Any flavor of yogurt frozen in a small cup with a stick.

5. Ants on a log- This is an old time favorite that I found in a book and my mother in-law uses it, celery with peanut butter and raisins.

6. Food Faces- Any mix of a veggie, whole grain, fruit and a protein made into a face.

7. Make a Mix- Some times I just set out crackers and the nuts and raisins and cereal and let my kids make their own mix, somehow they like it more that way.

8. Rollers- Fruit cut up, with yogurt for a dip and then some type of topping like granola or smashed gram crackers or fiber one cereal that they can roll the fruit in after it has been dipped in yogurt.

9. Veggies and dip- any veggies cut small and appropriate for age with dip, low fat ranch, A1 steak sauce (my kids love it!) what ever you think will help them to get the veggies in.

10. Fruit leather – the healthy ones not the candy type! The healthy type fruit leather can usually be found in the fruit section of the grocery store.

11. Chocolate milk- This has the right balance of carbs and protein. This is not only the best treat for me after a marathon to rebuild and replenish but it is also great for kids on a hot day!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...