Thursday, April 29, 2010

Chocolate Spinach Strawberry Protein shake (Green Smoothie)


Yep sounds kind of nasty but this is my green smoothie of choice. One reason I like it, besides the yummy taste, is that it isn't green in appearance making my kids more likely to eat it.

Chocolate Spinach Strawberry Protein Shake
1 hand full of loose spinach leaves and stems (about 1 cup)
4 large strawberries
1/2 scoop chocolate protein whey (make sure if you do give it to kids there are no supplements or additives just 100% whey. I try to find one without aspartame but I am still unsure about that whole debate anyway)
1/4 cup oats
6 ice cubes
1/2 cup water
blend well for 3-5 minutes
175 calories

Another reader told me last night that they have lost 12 pounds since following the meal ideas! If I was smart I would have people log on their total pounds lost. I think we are at a total of around 70 pounds for those who have let me know.

2 comments:

Kelley Bailey said...

I need substitutes for the oats (and well strawberries due to my allergies, but I know I can sub another fruit for that)

Anonymous said...

Are the oats cooked?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...