Wednesday, December 29, 2010

My Favorite Oatmeal Breakfast


Peanut Butter Agave Oatmeal

1/2 dry oatmeal
1 cup water
1 Tablespoon Agave nectar (buy at walmart or whole foods)
2 Tablespoons PB2 peanut butter (buy online www.bellplantation.com

Combine oatmeal with water in microwave bowl. Cook in microwave on high for 3 minutes. Remove when done add both peanut butter and agave. Stir and serve.

Nutrition:
Total Calories: 265
Carbs: 47
Protein: 9
Fiber: 5
Sugar: 7

This is a nice filling breakfast and is great runners! The PB2 peanut butter is awesome in oatmeal and I love it for smoothies. It is made by Bell Plantation. They take the peanuts and squeeze the oils out of them. Regular peanut butter will have around 165 calories for 2 Tablespoons. PB2 has 45 calories for 2 Tablespoons. It is a significant difference! I would say it is "so so" for the taste on sandwiches but is definitely worth the difference in calories. My kids can't tell the difference in taste...or at least they never complain or know when I give it to them. Agave is a nectar which used be hard to find but now they sell it at regular grocery stores like walmart. It looks like honey but to be honest I REALLY don't like honey but I do like agave.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...