Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chocolate Pudding (Made of avocados!)

I know, sounds gross but it was actually pretty good. This pudding was honestly a little too rich for me after about 4 bites but reminded me of a super creamy and sinful pudding that you would only be able to order from a fancy restaurant.

I got this out of a raw foods recipe book. I tried it for family home evening one night a few months ago. My husband knew right away that something was different about the taste but could not pin point it. My children gobbled theirs down quickly.

Here is a link to a recipe using carob powder www.cavemanfood,blogspot.com
Here is another one with cocoa and honey www.yummyvegetariandelights.com

I was out of cocoa so I pureed the ripe (but not over ripe) avocados and used chocolate protein powder and agave to sweeten it. I did mine from sight. It was plenty sweet and the texture is exactly like real pudding you can't tell the difference.

I probably will not make this again. It was fun to try and it was pretty good but avocados are heavy on the fats. Although it is good fat it is still fat will lots of calories and so I try to keep portions small. Eating smart isn't about eliminating fats entirely but using them to our advantage.

Happy Healthy Eating!

- Susan

For my FREE clean eating meal plans please go here and enter your name and email.  You will be sent my printable pdf files with the shopping lists, bulk prep, meal plan and the recipes! 

2 comments:

Angel said...

Hi there!
I just found your blog. It is very informative! :) Thanks for linking to me at Yummy Vegetarian Delights! :)I actually still eat avocado pudding almost every day!

seesuerun said...

Great! I was actually craving that the other day. I have heard a lot of people say they eat it for breakfast.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...