Friday, February 3, 2012

Deceptively Delicious

Alright I am a little slow on somethings but I decided to got checkout Deceptively Delicious from the library. The minute I opened it I began to hug it and say "Where have you been all my life!"

Ok so I didn't say it but I thought it. I LOVE this cook book!

The main basis of this book is how to hide vegetables in yummy foods that kids will eat like chicken nuggets, macaroni and cheese, brownies and so forth. She also teaches you how to puree, prepare and store the vegetables. 

The book is put together in a fun manner and has colorful pictures and descriptive information. I dislike it when I get a cookbook and most of the recipes require ingredients that I have never heard of and I will never use again.

Also I wish that I would have found this cookbook when I first started trying to eat healthy with my family. I feel like I have for the most part pieced together a good lifestyle but it took a lot of time to figure it all out. It not only contains recipes but introduces other useful information. 

This book is rich with details on how to feed children in a simple, healthy and practical manner. The writer is a nutritionist who is also a mother which I like. Some books are put together by chefs and are really not that practical when applied to families in the real world.

The one downside is that it doesn't contain nutritional stats on the recipes. I like to know the calories and the macronutient stats like carbs, fats and protein but everything else about this cook book is wonderful.

Deceptively Delicious is definately a keeper!

Happy Healthy Eating!
- Susan


For my free clean eating meal plans go here and enter your name and email. The printable pdfs come with shopping lists, bulk prep, the meal plan and recipes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...