Monday, May 30, 2011

Eat Fuel, Not Fool



I have had this post floating around in my mind for a while but I ignored it because it sounded a little cheesy but here it goes...there are times when I think to myself as I begin to eat something "Is this fuel or fool?"

Does it fool my body into thinking it is something important but has limited nutrition and abundant calories, making my blood sugar spike than crash? Does it make me want more later because my body wants more calories with less work (no fiber) or is it fuel in which I feel good for for hours after and yields glorious long term results? Less calories but more nutrition?

I discovered a long time ago that I can get a day long buzz from exercise. Seriously I LOVE That feeling. I have always been an exercise junkie and I continually go back for more. I recently discovered within the last year or so that I can get a similar buzz from eating healthy...sounds odd right?...but it is true. There is so much satisfaction in eating lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean meats and drinking lots of water. Ya just have to do it to understand.

So next time you go to eat think "Is this fuel or fool?" :)


Just a thought! Happy Clean Eating!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...