Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The secret to looking like you workout, even if you don't.


I liked a comment I heard from a girl at the gym. I wanted to share it with you. She looked fabulous. Extremely lean and toned but not over the top. When I see someone like that I want to know what their secret is so I ask. She told me about her workouts and that she was a clean eater. She then told me, eyeing me to watch my shock, that eating was 90% of her hard work. When she saw that I wasn't surprised by that statistic she continued and said...

"A person can workout and not look like they workout because they eat badly, but a person can eat clean and look like they workout, even though they don't"

I thought that summed it up well.

Too often in the past I have "undone" my workouts. I would eat a chocolate bar because I was going to burn it off anyway right? I am finding out more and more how wrong that has been.

2 comments:

Karen Adair said...

So true! I've been fighting the urge to sneak a candy bar today because I know I'll only regret it later. Thanks for the encouragement!

Tabitha said...

That's totally me. I eat junk becuase I feel like I burned it off already. Help me Susan! I live working out. But I live eating sweets more

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...