Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Blueberry Walnut Oatmeal- My sisters Oatmeal


Here is a yummy treat. I call it "My sister's oatmeal" because, well, it's my sisters oatmeal. She fixes it differently then I do and it is very yummy. I always think that oatmeal has to be soggy for some reason, which is why my husband does not like it, so here is a great alternative. You will also notice it has zero cholesterol which is a bonus!

Blueberry Walnut Oatmeal

1/3 cup dry oats (99 cal)
1/3 cup almond milk (29 cal)
1/2 cup blueberries (35 cal)
1 tbls walnuts chopped (50 cal)
tsp agave nectar (14 cal)

Put dry oatmeal in almond milk in microwave safe dish. Cook 3-4 minutes. Add frozen blue berries and stir into hot mixture. Top with walnuts and agave. Enjoy!

Breakfast Totals

Total Calories 227
Fat 4.83
Chol 0
Sodium 17.5
Carbs 35.32
Fiber 9.59
Protein 5.05
Sugars 8.31

1 comment:

Traci said...

sounds so yummy! Maybe I'll have that for breakfast tomorrow. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...