Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Oatmeal Patties


Oatmeal Patties



They say "necessity" is the mother of invention but so is "carelessness". I have had the goal of figuring out a way to eat my oatmeal and enjoy it without any additional sweetners or flavoring. This is a good way to do that.
One day I left my oatmeal in the microwave too long and had added less water than normal and it came out as an oatmeal pattie. I LOVED it! It's quick, chewy and I like the flavor. I am not sure how this will go over with everyone else but I now eat it almost everyday. It's nice because it is not slimy like oatmeal can be and it reminded me of gluten free toast more than anything.

I know my pictures aren't the best but I hoped to show how is forms in the bottom of the bowl.

1/3 cup oatmeal
1/3 cup water

Choose a wide rimmed glass bowl. Add water and oatmeal together. Cook three minutes on high in the microwave. Microwaves may vary so time may be more or less. Cook until pattie harden slightly at the bottom of the bowl. It still somewhat soft but can be peeled away with a fork.

Enjoy! Happy Healthy Eating!
- Susan


For my free clean eating meal plans go here and enter your name and email. The printable pdfs come with shopping lists, bulk prep, the meal plan and recipes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...