Thursday, August 4, 2011

It's better to "waste" than to "waist" it!


What does this picture and our daily workout have in common?

Drum roll please...these 5 cookies are the same amount of calories as what the average American burns during a workout. (I couldn't find the real number any where but this is just a guess. Some of us burn much more and some much less but I estimated a 30-40 min workout of a person with an average build)



There are some who do not waste food. Which I believe is a great quality! But I wanted to think about this in a different way. We either "waste" it in the garbage or "waist" it on our bodies and actually waste more time in the gym trying to work off that "waist".

How many of us want to spend almost an hour of our time on 5 lousy cookies especially if we add in the prep time like driving to the gym or getting ready! Would we work in the office for an hour longer so we could buy 5 extra oreos? Probably not, but the first thing that people start to do when they begin an exercise program is think that they can eat more goodies. 

I see it time and time again. They work hard each day but are not prepared for the increase in appetite that usually comes with burning more calories and because of poor planning

Just a thought! Thanks to Merri for the idea of this post! And please remember that as preachy as some of my posts sound I am actually just talking to myself, trying to convince myself to stay on track. 

Happy Healthy Eating!

- Susan

For my FREE clean eating meal plans please go here and enter your name and email.  You will be sent my printable pdf files with the shopping lists, bulk prep, meal plan and the recipes! 

2 comments:

Merri said...

sooo you're saying I shouldn't have eaten those oreos for dinner tonight? :) kidding

Kendall and Lee'sa said...

Awesome post! Thanks! It's just not fair though, huh? I'm getting to the point where I'm not as hungry as I used to be so I'm eating food as fuel more than bordem or entertainment these days, and although I think I went through a few days of detox with no sugar, I'm getting a little more used to that as well. It's good to be pushed.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...