Healthy meals and regular meal times together are just one way to show our children how much we love them.
The benefits to meal time and the impact that it has on children's success for the future are surprising.
According to WebMD here are just a few
- Everyone eats healthier meals.
- Kids are less likely to become overweight or obese.
- Kids more likely to stay away from cigarettes.
- They're less likely to drink alcohol.
- They won't likely try marijuana.
- They're less likely to use illicit drugs.
- Friends won't likely abuse prescription drugs.
- School grades will be better.
- You and your kids will talk more.
- You'll be more likely to hear about a serious problem.
- Kids will feel like you're proud of them.
- There will be less stress and tension at home.
In talking about home environment and how the love of parents can effect children and all those around them I want to share a blog of a friend of mine. She is a very special person and has been since we were young. She had a 7 year old son pass away this week. He was very dear to all that knew him. He had a condition in which he required 24 hour care. She never complained. Never used it as an excuse for anything. In my eyes she and her husband showed pure love. I am a much better mother for reading about and seeing only a tiny bit of Caleb's fight for life and how the love of parents especially a mother can not only bless their own family but change all of the families around them.
In her own words
"Caleb could have could have quickly returned to heaven, but instead be quietly brought heaven to us for 7 years.
Yesterday my sweet Caleb peacefully passed away in my arms surrounded by those he loves. " A wink form heaven