Sunday, February 5, 2012

Ninja Chicken Pot Pie-264 Calories


This is what I call a Ninja Mom Recipe. Your family eats healthy and they don't even know it. This is a bad picture but it was the only one I could snap before my family devoured it! This isn't considered a clean recipe because it has a low calorie crust and fat free condensed soup but it is under 264 calories and, in my opinion, it is way better than regular pot pie. My kids loved it but even more my mom loved it. She is the one that I have to play ninja with sometimes ;) If she knows I have substituted healthy ingredients she usually won't like it but she loved this...and also liked it better than regular pot pie.

This recipe was taken from Spark People and was adapted from Hungry Girl. I would highly recommend Hungry Girl's recipes and her book. Like I said they are not usually clean (whole foods, lean meats and no whites or unhealthy fats) but her recipes are tasty and are much lower calorie versions of regular meals that we are used to. They are perfect for that transition stage that I had to make (and in many cases am still making) from junk food to clean food.

Here is the link to this recipe. I have left it in it's original format.

Ingredients


    1 16oz package of Mixed Veggies
    8oz 99% fat free chicken breast
    1 10.75oz can of fat free cream of celery soup
    4 reduced fat crescent rolls


Directions

-preheat oven to 350
-cut chicken into cubes and then cook (til light brown) in pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray
-cook beggies in microwave according to directions on package
-mix chicken, veggies, and soup and pour into a 9" round baking dish (casserole)
-cook in oven for ~30mins (until mixture begins to boil slightly)
-combine crescent rolls and then roll with a rolling pin until very thin (i actually just flatten each roll and stretch as much as i can bc i am without a rolling pin and it works fine!!)
-after mixture boils, place dough on top and bake for another 15-20 minutes (until golden brown)

Number of Servings: 4


Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 4
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 264.3
  • Total Fat: 6.6 g
  • Cholesterol: 36.0 mg
  • Sodium: 674.3 mg
  • Total Carbs: 27.0 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 7.5 g
  • Protein: 18.2 g


Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LAULLYPOP84.

Happy Healthy Eating!

- Susan

For my FREE clean eating meal plans please go here and enter your name and email.  You will be sent my printable pdf files with the shopping lists, bulk prep, meal plan and the recipes! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...