Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Healthy Fry Sauce Mix


Fry sauce is also known by other names such as "mix" and "burger sauce".  It's mostly served in Utah and Idaho restaurants. If you have never had this then don't start. 

The normal version is a mix of mayo and ketchup, then you dip your fries in it. If the french fries didn't already clog your arteries then the normal version of this stuff is the death sealer. :) But I was raised on it, and have always loved it. 

The other night I thought there is sure to be a way to make this semi healthy! I found it. Now these measurements aren't exact, I really don't know what I did but 1/2 cup of low fat or fat free cottage cheese blended in the blender with 1/8 cup or more of water. Add water until it became a mayo consistency. Then add a few tablespoons of your favorite bbq sauce and ketchup until it is a deep pink. Blend again. 

My husband who hates mayo and has to sit on the other side of the table when the fry sauce is brought out ATE this! I was shocked! I was even surprised at how much I liked it. It was perfect.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...