1. Blender - I use my blender for lots of different things. I use it to turn my oats into oat flour, I blend cottage cheese to make protein ranch and of course you can't forget the smoothies and post workout shakes.
2. Steamer - The steamer is great way to cook your veggies! It helps to keep the color, flavor and nutrients in the vegetables. A great benefit to a steamer is that it uses water instead of oil and butter to cook.
3. George Foreman Grill - I love using my foreman grill for my chicken, it's like grilling inside. It's easy to use and easy to clean up.
4. Rice maker - great for my brown rice recipes. My rice maker never burns my rice, it's cooked evenly and keeps my rice warm! Legumes can also be cooked in a rice maker!
5. Pancake griddle - I use my grill for protein pancakes and french toast mostly. I also use it to cook up a bunch of eggs for my family for breakfast. I can fit 6 eggs on my griddle, and that's a time saver!
Since writing the 5 above I have also become very found of food scales and waffle irons. I can hardly imagine my life without them now! It is much more accurate to measure somethings with a food scale compared to measuring cups and the waffle iron has proved to be an amazing tool at making healthy no-clean up omelets (wamlets) and super easy, over easy.
I have found the above appliances to be very helpful as we have converted into healthy eaters. I don't think that anyone should go out and buy these all at once but they sure are nice to have.
I have spent just $5 on some of these items while splurging on others but most can be bought cheaply if we are patient enough. After I ran down a blender that I bought at a garage sale I saved some money and bought a much more expensive blender and have loved it ever since.
Happy Healthy Eating!
Please sign up today to get your free copy of my printable pdfs for clean eating meal plans!