Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Helpful Appliances for Healthy Eating

I'm often asked about what appliances a person should have when starting out on their clean eating plans.  Here are the top 5 I recommend and they are in order of importance!


1. Blender - I use my blender for lots of different things.  I use it to turn my oats into oat flour, I blend cottage cheese to make protein ranch and of course you can't forget the smoothies and post workout shakes.


2. Steamer - The steamer is great way to cook your veggies! It helps to keep the color, flavor and nutrients in the vegetables. A great benefit to a steamer is that it uses water instead of oil and butter to cook.

3. George Foreman Grill - I love using my foreman grill for my chicken, it's like grilling inside. It's easy to use and easy to clean up.

4. Rice maker - great for my brown rice recipes. My rice maker never burns my rice, it's cooked evenly and keeps my rice warm! Legumes can also be cooked in a rice maker!

5. Pancake griddle - I use my grill for protein pancakes and french toast mostly.  I also use it to cook up a bunch of eggs for my family for breakfast.  I can fit 6 eggs on my griddle, and that's a time saver!

Since writing the 5 above I have also become very found of food scales and waffle irons. I can hardly imagine my life without them now! It is much more accurate to measure somethings with a food scale compared to measuring cups and the waffle iron has proved to be an amazing tool at making healthy no-clean up omelets (wamlets) and super easy, over easy.

I have found the above appliances to be very helpful as we have converted into healthy eaters. I don't think that anyone should go out and buy these all at once but they sure are nice to have. 

I have spent just $5 on some of these items while splurging on others but most can be bought cheaply if we are patient enough. After I ran down a blender that I bought at a garage sale I saved some money and bought a much more expensive blender and have loved it ever since. 


Happy Healthy Eating!

- Susan

Please sign up today to get your free copy of my printable pdfs for clean eating meal plans!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...