Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Clean Eating for Beginners

Boy does anyone else spiral when it comes to goals? I sure do. Unfortunately it is a normal part of the journey. I have said it before and I will say it again, I created this blog because eating healthy is a weakness for me not a strength. 



I wanted it to help other junk food junkies out there who had the desires to transition to a healthy lifestyle even a clean eating lifestyle. I wasn't raised on free range chicken and organic produce. I am the real deal. A person who battles each day with poor eating habits acquired over a lifetime. 


I was blessed to fall in love early with exercise and didn't realize until a few years ago that I was still eating myself and my family to an early demise. Exercise which was once awkward is natural for me now. I have conquered most of my obstacles in that regard. 


I stack my environment each day so that it becomes as easy as possible for me to get out of bed and go. I go to bed early, have a plan and have an exercise partner or an entire class of people waiting for me to teach them. I know now without a doubt that I will regret it all day if I don't go.


Back to eating. I am still reaching for that stage where I enjoy healthy eating as much as I enjoy exercise. Where I want to do it, where I know I will feel awful all day if I don't but I am not there yet. I know some of my posts sound self righteous about healthy eating but mostly they are a pleading to myself to stay on track and to reach higher.

These last few months I was beginning to believe that I was immune. That I was over my bad habits. That I could laugh in the face of and even taunt junk food temptation. I was wrong. I thought my taste buds had changed that my mental state was different, stronger and it was...stronger but not invincible. 

I have learned what, I have heard, that it takes months to train your thoughts and mind for eating healthy but it takes only a week or even just days to revert back to unhealthy eating.

It is funny that I think a lot more about "trying" to get healthy when I am less healthy then I think about "being healthy" when I am healthy. It literally frees my mind when I am on track with my eating when I am following a plan.

I feel like I am getting back on track with eating though and I can't wait to feel good again. The plans definitely help the weak person that I am. If I don't have a plan I seem to struggle.


Happy Healthy Eating!


- Susan

For my free clean eating meal plans go here and enter your name and email. The printable pdfs come with shopping lists, bulk prep, the meal plan and recipes. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...