Thursday, February 19, 2015

Healthy Thousand Island Dressing Recipe

A couple days ago I made some homemade fry sauce. And I dipped a piece of broccoli in it and I liked it, but it was missing something. I decided to try and make my own Thousand Island dressing and I did it!

Thousand Island Dressing with Cottage Cheese

Ingredients:
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 c water
3 tablespoons ketchup
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 dash black pepper
2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish

Directions:
Put all ingredients into blender except for the pickle relish. Blend until smooth, add pickle relish last and stir with a spoon.  You can add more or less water depending on the thickness you want. I was using this as a dip on this particular day, but I could have made it more thin and used it as a salad dressing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...