Thursday, May 7, 2015

Healthy Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe

Here's a picture of a bulk prep I did for my husband and me. It's chicken enchilada soup and salsa chicken with red potatoes and green beans. Both are delicious!


Chicken Enchilada Soup

Ingredients:
5 chicken breasts
1 can diced tomatoes
two small cans or one large can of mild green enchilada sauce
1-2 cans chicken broth
1 small can of diced green chilies
2 small zucchini diced thin
1 cup frozen corn
1 tsp cumin
6-8 green onions chopped finely
salt to taste
1/2 to 1 bunch of cilantro, all dumped in a crock pot.

The chicken breast I used was frozen so mine took 8 hours- it made 10 servings an I'm guessing it is almost 20 grams of protein but I'm not sure on the carbs or fat yet. Both will be pretty minimal.

I like that it tastes even better the 2nd and 3rd day after they flavors are all set. You can also add beans if you would like.

Salsa Chicken
Get your favorite salsa, pour over frozen chicken breast in crock pot, then cook on low 8 hours.

Reader question: How long will cooked chicken, etc stay good in the fridge? Mine always gets tossed before I eat it all!

Answer: It seems like mine loses its taste after three days. These meals are split between me and my hubby so we each have 5 days worth of two of our meals a day. I have a friend who cooks all of her chicken then freezes half of it and on the third day thaws it out. I find that slow cooked meats seem to taste better longer in the fridge. But that is just my opinion.

If you liked this recipe and want more healthy recipes fit for a family please sign up for my free meal plan here! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...