Saturday, May 9, 2015

Motivation and Balance


Recently a friend shared the following and asked a question that I am sure a lot of us have wondered.


"I am struggling with my motivation to keep those healthy habits lately. Juggling a busy home life with growing children, homeschooling, church work, etc., it feels so overwhelming! I feel like I don't have the energy to keep a food journal, exercise more than 30 min, etc. 
How do you stay balanced? How do you keep motivated when your enthusiasm wanes? What do you use to reward yourself that is budget-friendly & non-food related? Please share!"
Here was my answer:

How do I usually stay balanced? One thing I know for sure is if I don't make exercise a priority then something else will take its place. In order to have balance in my life I actually have to fight for my exercise time other wise everything is off balance because I won't get it in. I have to do it first thing in the morning because once the kids are up my "me time" is history.

Is it selfish? I wouldn't send my kids across the county in a broken down vehicle. I would make the maintenance of the vehicle a priority because their safety and health hinges on it. The same is with me. I'm the vehicle of my children's childhood. One of the best things I can do to improve their environment is to stay healthy strong and happy and it directly impacts them for the better.



Rewards don't work for me. I'm not sure why but social pressure does. If I have someone waiting on me I am more likely to go because I don't let people down. If I tell someone about my goals and report back then I'm more likely to keep them. 

I've heard of people doing personal photo shoots and cruises. One girl bought a cute workout out fit that was just a tiny bit small for her and she hung it where she could see it.

What are some great ideas you have for keeping motivation and balance?

Happy healthy habits!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...